Mangaris® Diamond Decking
Mangaris® Diamond is produced from genuine hardwood which is hard, clear grade, with tight grained wood with much less color variation than other hardwoods. The yellowish brown with beautiful grain texture resemble Brazilian IPE and classified A Fire Rating.
- Keep your MANGARIS® boards clean, dry and out of direct sunlight before installation and
- Allow the material to acclimate and stabilize to the local climate (4-7 days) prior to installation.
- More time required to acclimate in hot/dry climates. (7 – 14 days)
- To Avoid Metallic Particle Corrosion Contamination, Do Not Cut Metal anywhere near the deck
boards during and after installation.
|Board Size||Load (On Center Spacing)|
|40 psf||60 psf||100 psf||Recommend|
Note: Please make sure you are following local building codes regulation.
- Allow adequate ventilation for proper air flow to reduce cupping potential. (See diagram)
- Minimum recommended ground clearance:
a. 5/4×6 and 1×6 Regular Boards are 24” or 18” with vapor barrier and a slope drainage
system to avoid standing water.
b. 1×4 and 5/4×4 Regular Boards are 18” or 12” with vapor barrier and a slope drainage
system to avoid standing water
- Reduce moisture “wicking”. Seal all fresh cuts with Anchor Seal (liquid paraffin wax) available
from Lumber Dealer.
- We recommend finishing MANGARIS® with deep penetrating oil based and have ultraviolet
inhibitors, on all four sides.
- A Periodic cleaning and a light coat of finish will be required in order to maintain the original
color of your deck or allow weathering to a silver-grey look. Consult your dealer regarding a
finish product prior to re finishing your deck.
- MANGARIS® deck boards are kiln dried. Unlike air dried boards, shrinkage is very limited;
however, excessive moisture may cause the boards to expand slightly.
- Recommended spacing is 1/4” for 6” (5 ½” Net) deck boards and 3/16” for 4” (3 ½” net)
boards. Also allow 1/4” from any structures including foundations or rail post.
- Pre-drill Pilot holes ¾” from edges and ends and countersink for all screws using a minimum
#10 high-quality Stainless-Steel screw. Coated deck screws may be used but could cause
staining. Minimum screw penetration into joist of 1 ½”.
- Tiger Claw’s TCG Clips may be used when installing Pre-Grooved and Pre-Oiled 5/4×6
Board supplied by Tata Enterprises, Inc, at 24” maximum joist spacing and a
minimum 24” ground clearance with proper air flow ventilation, vapor barrier and
a slope drainage system to avoid standing water. Not Approved for 1×6 Product.
Consult your dealer regarding this hidden system.
- When installing MANGARIS® hardwood decking, as with many other wood products, we
recommend the use of a protective respiratory mask, gloves and eye protection. Wood dust
may cause irritation and allergic effect. If you should have safety concern; please ask your
local department of building and safety prior to starting your project.
- For technical or installation questions, call 1-866-901-DECK, 8AM – 5PM Pacific Time.
MANGARIS™ DIAMOND (MERBAU) is one of the most durable rot resistant wood products in the
world today due in part to a heavy amount of the natural chemical (Tannins) found in all wood
Even though it is these Tannins that contribute to a Class A Flame Spread, Rot resistance and
termite resistance they may also bleed out when exposed to excessive moisture. For that reason,
please use Caution when installing: Not recommended for second story applications or where there
is the potential to stain surrounding areas, such as patio furniture or light-colored exterior walls. If
used in this application please make sure to thoroughly condition boards prior to installation by
exposing to moisture until all signs of the red tannins have dissipated. Contact TATA Enterprises
for additional information. (866-901-3325)
Madagascar, Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Clearly defined from the white-to-pale yellow heartwood, which matures into a medium-to-dark red-brown on exposure. The grain is interlocked and sometimes wavy, which produces a ribbon figure on quartered surfaces.
Yellowish to orange brown when first cut, but matures into brown or dark red-brown upon exposure.
Average 800 kg/m 3 (50 lb/ft 3).
- Bending strength – Medium
- Crushing strength – Medium
- Resistance to shocl loads – Medium
- Stiffness – Medium
- Steam bending classification – Moderate
The wood has a moderate blunting effect on cutters, and the gum tends to collect on saws. The grain may tear out on quartered material when planning or moulding unless a reduced cutting angle 20 degrees is used. The wood tends to split in nailing and pre-boring is necessary. It holds screws well and can be glued, stained and polished satisfactorily but requires considerable filling. The yellow deposits are water soluble and the dye has a lasting effect on textiles.
Durable and resistant to preservative treatment.
- General and heavy constructional work
- Agricultural implements
- Axe and tool handles
- Furniture making