Mangaris Red Plus
Mangaris® Red Plus Decking
Mangaris® Red Plus is with pre-grooved boards. The texture is deep red with minor amount of fine brown ribbon stripes.
- Keep your MANGARIS® boards clean, dry and out of direct sunlight before installation and
- Allow the material to acclimate and stabilize to the local climate (4-7 days) prior to installation.
- More time required to acclimate in hot/dry climates. (7 – 14 days)
- To Avoid Metallic Particle Corrosion Contamination, Do Not Cut Metal anywhere near the deck
boards during and after installation.
|Board Size||Load (On Center Spacing)|
|40 psf||60 psf||100 psf||Recommend|
Note: Please make sure you are following local building codes regulation.
- Allow adequate ventilation for proper air flow to reduce cupping potential. (See diagram)
- Minimum recommended ground clearance:
a. 5/4×6 and 1×6 Pre-Grooved Board is 24” or 18” with vapor barrier and a slope drainage
system to avoid standing water.
b. 1×4 and 5/4×4 Pre-Grooved Board is 18” or 12” with vapor barrier and a slope drainage
system to avoid standing water
- Reduce moisture “wicking”. Seal all fresh cuts with Anchor Seal (liquid paraffin wax) available
from Lumber Dealer.
- The 5/4×4 Pre-Grooved and Pre-Finished MANGARIS® boards have been pre finished at the
mill with Solvent Based Exterior Deck Lasur on all 4 sides.
- A periodic cleaning and a light coat of finish will be required in order to maintain the original
color of your deck, or allow weathering to a silver-gray look. Consult your dealer regarding this
finish product before re finishing your deck.
- MANGARIS® deck boards are kiln dried. Unlike air dried boards shrinkage is very limited;
however, excessive moisture may cause the boards to expand slightly.
- Recommended spacing is 1/4” for 6” (5 ½” Net) deck boards and 3/16” for 4” (3 ½” net)
boards. Also allow 1/4” from any structures including foundations or rail post.
- MANTIS Clips System should be used when installing Pre-Grooved and Pre-Finished
5/4X4 Board only, at 24” maximum joist spacing and a minimum 18” ground clearance
with proper air flow ventilation, vapor barrier and a slope drainage system to avoid
standing water. Consult your dealer regarding this hidden system.
- When installing MANGARIS® hardwood decking, as with many other wood products, we
recommend the use of a protective respiratory mask, gloves and eye protection. Wood dust
may cause irritation and allergic effect. If you should have safety concern; please ask your
local department of building and safety prior to starting your project.
- For technical or installation questions, call 1-866-901-DECK, 8AM – 5PM Pacific Time.
West Malaysia, Borneo, Indonesia and Philipines.
A hard, heavy, and very dense heartwood with interlocking grains. Moderately slight and even texture.
Color : Purple-red to dark red-brown
Weight : average 850 kg/m3 (53 lb/ft3)
Specific Gravity : .93.
- Bending strength – High
- Crushing strength – High
- Resistance to shock loads – High
- Stiffness – High
- Steam bending classification – Moderate
The timber dries very slowly with considerable degrade in thicker sizes, but distortion is not serious. Checking and splitting may be severe and existing shakes are liable to extend. Boards should be partially air dried before kilning. Movement is medium in service.
The wood is moderately difficult to work with machines as the interlocking grain and toughness has a blunting effect on tools. Owing to the high density of the timber, the cutting angle should be reduced to 20 degrees when planning. It is unsuitable for nailing or screwing, gluing results are a variable and it is rarely necessary to stain the wood. It can be polished satisfactorily.
Durability : Very durable. Extremely resistant from insect attack, fungal attack, and preservation treatment.
- Heavy construction work
- Wharf construction