Mangaris® Red Decking
Mangaris® Red is produced from a genuine Red Balau species which is hard, clear grade, tight and interlocked grain wood with consistent color. The texture is deep red with minor amount of fine brown ribbon stripes.
- Keep your MANGARIS® boards clean, dry and out of direct sunlight before installation and
- Allow the material to acclimate and stabilize to the local climate (4-7 days) prior to installation.
- More time required to acclimate in hot/dry climates. (7 – 14 days)
- To Avoid Metallic Particle Corrosion Contamination, Do Not Cut Metal anywhere near the deck
boards during and after installation.
|Board Size||Load (On Center Spacing)|
|40 psf||60 psf||100 psf||Recommend|
Note: Please make sure you are following local building codes regulation.
- Allow adequate ventilation for proper air flow to reduce cupping potential. (See diagram)
- Minimum recommended ground clearance:
a. 5/4×6 and 1×6 Regular Boards are 24” or 18” with vapor barrier and a slope drainage
system to avoid standing water.
b. 1×4 and 5/4×4 Regular Boards are 18” or 12” with vapor barrier and a slope drainage
system to avoid standing water
- Reduce moisture “wicking”. Seal all fresh cuts with Anchor Seal (liquid paraffin wax) available
from Lumber Dealer.
- We recommend finishing MANGARIS® with deep penetrating oil based and have ultraviolet
inhibitors, on all four sides.
- A Periodic cleaning and a light coat of finish will be required in order to maintain the original
color of your deck or allow weathering to a silver-grey look. Consult your dealer regarding a
finish product prior to re finishing your deck.
- MANGARIS® deck boards are kiln dried. Unlike air dried boards, shrinkage is very limited;
however, excessive moisture may cause the boards to expand slightly.
- Recommended spacing is 1/4” for 6” (5 ½” Net) deck boards and 3/16” for 4” (3 ½” net)
boards. Also allow 1/4” from any structures including foundations or rail post.
- Pre-drill Pilot holes ¾” from edges and ends and countersink for all screws using a minimum
#10 high-quality Stainless-Steel screw. Coated deck screws may be used but could cause
staining. Minimum screw penetration into joist of 1 ½”.
- Tiger Claw’s TCG Clips may be used when installing Pre-Grooved 5/4×6 Board only, at
24” maximum joist spacing and a minimum 24” ground clearance with proper air
flow ventilation, vapor barrier and a slope drainage system to avoid standing
water. Grooved Boards must be finished on all four sides including the grooves. Not
Approved for 1×6 Product. Consult your dealer regarding this hidden system.
- When installing Mangaris® hardwood decking, as with many other wood products, we recommend the use of a protective respiratory mask, gloves and eye protection. Wood dust may cause irritation and allergic effect.
- For technical or installation questions, call 1-866-901-DECK, 8AM – 5PM Pacific Time.
West Malaysia, Borneo, Indonesia and Philipines.
Specific Gravity : .93.
- Bending strength – High
- Crushing strength – High
- Resistance to shock loads – High
- Stiffness – High
- Steam bending classification – Moderate
The wood is moderately difficult to work with machines as the interlocking grain and toughness has a blunting effect on tools. Owing to the high density of the timber, the cutting angle should be reduced to 20 degrees when planning. It is unsuitable for nailing or screwing, gluing results are a variable and it is rarely necessary to stain the wood. It can be polished satisfactorily.
- Heavy construction work
- Wharf construction